[Numpy-discussion] doc bug in numarray 1.1

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed Sep 15 09:28:32 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 21:39, Stephen Walton wrote:

> These libraries are specific to the commercial Absoft Fortran
> compiler.  If you change the lapack_libs assignment in addons.py to
>
>     lapack_libs = ['lapack', 'f77blas', 'cblas', 'atlas', 'g2c', 'm']

And I'm a bit of an idiot.  This should be a permanent change; since
numarray itself is written in C, there is no part of it which gets
compiled with Fortran and so no reason to link against vendor Fortran
libraries.  I realized this when looking at the Numeric setup.py, which
uses the library list above and which has always built fine on my
Absoft-equipped systems.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge