[Numpy-discussion] Re: possible bug with character arrays and shuffle

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Sun Sep 5 23:12:11 CDT 2004

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 02:31:59 +0000 (UTC), Faheem Mitha
<faheem at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Actually, on second thoughts, and since a character array is not a
> list, I guess this is not a bug, at least not in numarray. Perhaps I
> should report this to the people who maintain the random module, since
> shuffle does not complain but returns the wrong answer?

Well, I filed this on the python Sourceforge bug tracker, and I got a
response saying it wasn't a bug. I still think it is one, though.

Here is the corresponding url.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/
?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=1022880&group_id=5470

                                                                     Faheem.