[Numpy-discussion] numarray cholesky solver ?

Piotr Luszczek luszczek at cs.utk.edu
Fri Apr 15 07:11:20 CDT 2005

Hi all,

the Cholesky routine that's been mentioned (dpotrs) is from LAPACK (I
apologize if every body knows that).

I'm on the LAPACK team right now and we were wondering if we should
provide bindings for Python. It is almost trivial to do with Pyrex.
But Numeric and numarray already have some functionality in it.
Also, I don't know about popularity of PyLapack.

So my question is if there is a need for the specialized LAPACK
routines. And if so, which API it should use (Numeric, numarray,
Numeric3, scipy_core, standard array, minimum standard array implementation
or array protocol meta info).

Any comments are appreciated,

Piotr Luszczek