[Numpy-discussion] Array interface

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Sun Apr 3 08:36:35 CDT 2005

I don't know if you have followed the array interface discussion.   It
is defined at http://numeric.scipy.org

I have implemented consumer and exporter interfaces for Numeric and an
exporter interface for numarray.  The consumer interface needs a little
help but shouldn't take too long for someone who understands numarray
better.

Now Numeric arrays can share data with numarray (no data copy).
scipy.base arrays will also implement the array interface.

I think the array interface is a good direction to go.

-Travis