[Numpy-discussion] scipy.base - % and fmod segfault

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Apr 18 00:30:10 CDT 2005

Hi (in particular Travis),

concerning my recent question on % on fmod for Numeric and numarray
I was curious to see how scipy.base behaves.
With a CVS check-out this morning I get:

In [1]: from scipy.base import *
In [2]: x=arange(10)
In [3]: print x%4
array([0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1], 'l')
In [4]: print (-x)%4
zsh: 12391 segmentation fault  ipython

(The same holds for fmod, and also for x=arange(10.0) ).

Personally I would prefer if in the end % behaves the
same way for arrays as for scalars.

Do you think that this is possible with scipy.base?

Best,

Arnd

P.S.: I haven't tested much more of scipy.base this time
(but the few things concerning array operations I looked at,
seem fine. Ah there is one: Doing
  import scipy.base
  scipy.base.fmod?
in ipython gives a segmentation fault