[Numpy-discussion] Re[2]: [SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Thoughts on making it easier for numarray users to transition to scipy core

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Dec 14 15:38:04 CST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 1:28 am, Peter Verveer wrote:

> I would most likely release such a package using the GPL.
> In addition, that would allow me to  use other GPL
> licensed software such as GSL with it.

If you combine your package with something GPL and
release the result, then of course you would have
to release that combination under the GPL. But that
doesn't prevent you from releasing your own package
separately under a different licence if you want.

The question you need to ask yourself is whether
you really want to impose all the restrictions of
the GPL on users of your package. If you have no
desire to be that restrictive, then use a more
liberal licence.