[Numpy-discussion] LAPACK/BLAS for Fedora core 4 i386 ?

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 20 11:48:14 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend the best way to get a native LAPACK installed on
Fedora core 4?

I'm quite surprised that I can't find an atlas rpm with yum.

While I'm at it, when I was using Gentoo, it came with a nice atlas
blas/lapack. Unfortunately, the atlas lapack does not include all of
lapack. It has everything Numeric/numarray needs, but not some stuff i
need for another project (Banded Matrix solvers). Does anyone have a
suggestion for how to add the addional lapack stuff I need, while still
using atlas stuff where possible?

Frankly, I don't understand why atlas doesn't just include all of
lapack, using generic versions for anything they haven't optimized, it
would be a lot easier to get one stop shopping.

-Chris