[Numpy-discussion] Biulding Numarray with atlas.

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 21 11:24:13 CDT 2005

Nadav Horesh wrote:
> Whenever you need a patch to compile numarray with lapack/atlas, you
> should check if the linear_algebra module works.

Of course. And test I have, and no, it doesn't work:

ImportError:
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numarray/linear_algebra/lapack_lite2.so:
undefined symbol: dgesdd_

I'm guessing this is a symbol mangling mismatch between what
lapack_lite2 is expecting and what my atlas install used (i.e. too many
or not enough underscores) For what it's worth, I get the same error
with Numeric.

which brings me back to my first question:

Where should I get a good lapack/blas for Fedora core 4?

There are lapack and blas rpms, but there is no indication of whether
they are optimized or not.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov