[Numpy-discussion] Interfacing to other array classes

Joachim Dahl joachim at ee.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 28 10:55:12 CDT 2005

I am one the authors of 'cvxopt', a Python package that includes simple
matrix classes aimed at numerical linear algebra for convex solvers, and
I saw the discussion on the list regarding interfacing to such classes.

I think the idea of an advanced interface or buffer protocol
to exchange information between simple array types without using
(or knowing) the API of the different classes is great.

What is the status of the new array interface? When it is ready for testing,
I will definitely try it out.

- Joachim