[Numpy-discussion] CVS version of Numeric3 compiles again

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Mar 3 17:24:41 CST 2005

For any that tried to check out the CVS version of numeric3 while it was
in a transition state of adding the new Python Scalar Objects, you can
now try again and help me test it.

The current CVS version of numeric3 builds on linux (there is some magic
in the setup.py file to do some autoconfiguration stuff that I would
like to see if it works on other platforms).

The arrayobject is nearing completion.  There are only a couple of
things left to do before I can start tackling the ufuncobject (which is
part-way transitioned but needs more numarray-inspired fixes).

If anyone would like to help, now is a good time, since at least the
codebase should compile and you can play with it.

Best regards,

-Travis