[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] Re[2]: [SciPy-dev] Future directions for SciPy in light of meeting at Berkeley

Daishi Harada daishi at egcrc.net
Wed Mar 9 17:09:04 CST 2005

I'd like to second Konrad's point and restate
what I tried to articulate (probably poorly) at
SciPy 04.

How easy it is for me, as a developer, to install
SciPy on my particular development platform
(in my case OS X and Linux) is not the same
as how easy it is to *deploy* an application
which uses SciPy as a library to end-user
clients (in my case on Windows).

I had originally hoped that having the client
simply install Enthon would suffice, but I wanted
to use some features from wxPython 2.5.x
(perhaps that's what I should have reconsidered).
I tried combinations of having the client install
packages separately and me using py2exe,
but in the end my dependency on SciPy was
small enough that it was easiest to just dump
SciPy altogether.

Just my 2c. (and I hope that it's clear that I do
appreciate all the work that people have done
and that I mean no offense by my comments).