[Numpy-discussion] numpy 24.x on 64-bit Athlon

Darren Dale dd55 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 7 05:12:52 CST 2005

On Monday 07 November 2005 12:03 am, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> >I also get the following error when I run newscipy's test(5,10):
> >
> >bench_random (scipy.fftpack.basic.test_basic.test_fft)
> >                 Fast Fourier Transform
> >=================================================
> >
> >      |    real input     |   complex input
> >
> >-------------------------------------------------
> > size |  scipy  | Numeric |  scipy  | Numeric
> >

> >  100 |    0.10Segmentation fault
>
> Curious.  Did you rebuild scipy completely?

Yes, in fact it was the first build on a new computer. I just removed my
build/, and site-packages/scipy  and Numeric/ directories, rebuilt and
reinstalled Numeric 24.1 and newcore/newscipy and still observe the segfault.
I also tried installing Scipy-0.3.2, which did not have a problem with
Numeric-24.1.

Darren