[Numpy-discussion] Call for a Scientific/Engineering Tutorial or Two at PyCon 2006

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Tue Nov 15 22:44:14 CST 2005

Greetings.  I'm working with the Python Conference planning group, for a
conference to be held in Dallas in 2006.  As you probably know from
postings to python-announce, this year, for the first time, we're having
a full day (Feb 23, 2006) of trainer-compensated tutorials, structured
as either half-day or full-day sessions.

 From the feedback we received at last year's PyCon, there was a strong
interest in scientific/engineering uses of Python, which has a rich set
of tools and frameworks.  We hope this year to dedicate one room on
Tutorial Day to such topics.

While I was looking over the submissions for the tutorials tonight, I
noticed there were none related to science/engineering.  It would be
cool to have a half-day class on one of the underlying packages used
across disciplines.

Note that these are to be professionally-run half or full day classes,
suggested with handouts or notebooks.  And the trainer will receive
monetary compensation, depending upon the number of attendees that
register for specific tutorials.

If you or someone on your staff is interested, there is more information at:

    http://us.pycon.org/TX2006/CallForTutorials

While the submission deadline expires tonight, we have some flexibility.

Jeff Rush