[Numpy-discussion] Release of SciPy Core 0.4 (Beta)

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 3 09:55:40 CDT 2005

> Tim Churches wrote:
>>  missing values are
>> ubiquitous in the biological sciences and any package which can't handle
>> them isn't, to put it bluntly, of much use.

MA is great, but I wonder if many of the simple "missing value" use
cases could be covered by robust handling of NaNs.

Which brings up the question: How does scipy_core handle NaN and the
other IEEE special values? This was a major weakness in Numeric for me.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov