[Numpy-discussion] ANN: numarray-1.4.1

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Oct 28 11:23:26 CDT 2005

A Divendres 28 Octubre 2005 19:58, Todd Miller va escriure:
> This looks like a coordinated change in both numarray and Numeric.
> (Travis?)  I updated to Numeric-24.0 and all was well.

Ops, I was not aware that Numeric-24.0 was out. Anyway, I've tried to
compile it, but I did not succeed with my Debian system:

gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-fPIC -IInclude -IPackages/FFT/Include -IPackages/RNG/Include
-I/usr/include/python2.4 -c Src/lapack_litemodule.c -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
gcc -pthread -shared build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Src/lapack_litemodule.o
-L/usr/lib/atlas -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas -lg2c -o
build/lib.linux-i686-2.4/lapack_lite.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The installation for Numeric usually worked on my system. Perhaps it
is now assumed that lapack should be a pre-requisite?

> It appears the __array_data__ protocol improved to know about
> readonly-ness.  In order to support the readonly behavior in numarray,
> I think the change must be made in lockstep.  We could however back out
> support for readonly while Numeric-24.0 becomes more pervasive.

Yes, please, backward compatibility with pre-Numeric 24.0 would be a
nice thing to have.

Regards,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"