[Numpy-discussion] ANN: numarray-1.4.1

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 28 11:39:50 CDT 2005

Francesc Altet wrote:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -llapack
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The installation for Numeric usually worked on my system. Perhaps it
> is now assumed that lapack should be a pre-requisite?

This has been a problem for a remarkably long time! I thought it had
been fixed. It's not really a big deal, it's only a matter of what the
defaults are in customize.py. The comments in there should be enough to
figure it out.

The default really should be to use the built-in lapack-lite.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov