[Numpy-discussion] how to use lu decomposition in lapack library?

Piotr Luszczek luszczek at cs.utk.edu
Tue Oct 4 12:16:40 CDT 2005

You would have to be more specific. If you just want to
solve a system of linear equations with matrix 'a' and
right-hand-side 'b':

import numarray.linear_algebra as LA

x = LA.solve_linear_equations(a, b)

Unlike LAPACK, the above will leave your 'a' untouched.
So, if you have another right hand side 'b1' and the
same matrix 'a' you'll have to pay the cost of factorization
all over again.

There is a way around it but I don't know what you really need.

Piotr