[Numpy-discussion] Numeric precision

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:14:53 CDT 2005

Hi,
The unaddressed problem is how the user will see the result. This type of
thing leads type mismatches especially when doing array indexing. In that
case it is a really bad thing to do. But in terms of mathematical
computations it is usually a given that the highest possible precision is
used when possible.

Regards
Bruce