[Numpy-discussion] Numarray - doesnt pass installation test under Windblows (was freezing wxmpl etc)

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:43:16 CDT 2005

Tim Burgess wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> Yesterday I claimed that numarray wasnt passing the tests under python
> 2.4.
>
> Actually I was testing the 1.3.3 Windows exe installer version - not
> my cvs derrived version. *blush*
>
> The cvs version tests perfectly.
>
> I will take you up on your offer of a Windows exe from CVS please Todd.
>
> Perhaps it means it is time for a 1.3.3.1 version? :-}

Hi Tim,

The good news is I tried to create this today.  The bad news is that I
failed to get a distribution that passes all the self-tests.  It's late
and Monday is booked so it's looking like COB Tuesday is the earliest a
release will come from me.

If my understanding of the way py2exe works is correct (sucks up
installed code for inclusion in distro),  you might consider rolling
your own 1.3.3.1 by starting with a 1.3.3 installation,  adding the
__init__.py from the head of CVS,  and updating generate.py with the new
version numbers.

Sorry this is dragging out but it *will* be resolved in the next week,
possibly by 1.4.0.

Todd