[Numpy-discussion] Speed up function on cross product of two sets?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 5 05:48:02 CDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Tim Hochberg wrote:

> Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> >((Note that I just learned in some other thread that with numpy there is
> >an alternative to NewAxis, but I haven't figured out which that is ...))
> >

> If you're old school you could just use None.

Well, I have been using python/Numeric/... for a while, but I am
definitively not old school - I was not aware that NewAxis is a longer
spelling of None ;-)

> But you probably mean 'newaxis'.

yes - perfect! Many thanks.

BTW, it seems that we have no Numeric to numpy transition remarks in
www.scipy.org. I only found
http://www.scipy.org/PearuPeterson/NumpyVersusNumeric
and of course Travis' "Guide to NumPy" contains a detailed list of
necessary changes in chapter 2.6.1.
In addition ``site-packages/numpy/lib/convertcode.py`` provides an
automatic conversion.

Would it be helpful to start a new wiki page "ConvertingFromNumeric"
(similar to http://www.scipy.org/Converting_from_numarray)
which aims at summarizing the necessary changes
or expand Pearu's page (if he agrees) on this?

Best, Arnd