[Numpy-discussion] Vectorize bug

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Apr 14 18:49:03 CDT 2006

Albert Strasheim wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I think Valgrind might be very useful in tracking down this bug.
>
> http://valgrind.org/
>
> Example usage:
>
> ~/bin/valgrind \
> 	-v --error-limit=no --leak-check=full \
> 	python -c 'import numpy; numpy.test()'

Here's the command that I run to test a Python script provided at the
command line:

valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --error-limit=no -v
--log-file=testmem --suppressions=valgrind-python.supp
--show-reachable=yes --num-callers=10 python $1

The valgrind-python.supp file will suppress the complaints valgrind
emits for Python.

-Travis