[Numpy-discussion] LAPACK question building numpy

Tom Denniston tom.denniston at alum.dartmouth.org
Wed Apr 19 17:17:18 CDT 2006

Is there a way to pass a command line argument to setup.py for numpy
that does the equivalent of a make using the flags:
-L/home/tdennist/lib -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_lapack32 -lmkl_ia32 -lmkl -lguide

All i can find on the subject is a page on the scipy wiki that says to
use the variable LAPACK and set it to a .a file.  When I do so I get
undefined symbol problems.

I this is probably really obvous and documented somewhere but I
haven't been able to find it.  I don't really know where to look.

--Tom