[Numpy-discussion] Installation and Uninstallation

Elijah Gregory elijah.gregory at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:15:51 CDT 2006

Dear NumPy Users,

   I am attempting to install numpy-0.9.8 as a user on unix system. When I
install numpy by typing "python setup.py install" as per the (only)
instructions in the README.txt file everything proceeds smoothly until some
point where the script attempts to write a file to the root-level
/usr/lib64.  How can I configure the setup.py script to use my user-level
directories which I do have access to?  Also, given that the install exited
with an error, how do I clean up the aborted installation?  Thank you for
your help,

regards,

   Elijah Gregory