[Numpy-discussion] numpy 0.9.8->1.0b2

David Grant davidgrant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:48:35 CDT 2006

I'm contemplating upgrading to 1.0b2. The main reason is that I am
experiencing a major memory leak and before I report a bug I think the
developers would appeciate if I was using the most recent version. Am I
correct in that the only major change that might actually break my code is
that the following functions:

take, repeat, sum, product, sometrue, cumsum, cumproduct, ptp, amax, amin,
prod, cumprod, mean, std, var

now have axis=None as argument?

BTW, how come alter_code2.py (
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/numpy/oldnumeric/alter_code2.py?rev=HEAD)
says in the docstring that it "converts functions that don't give axis=
keyword that have changed" but I don't see it actually doing that anywhere
in the code?

Thanks,
David

--