[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random.rand function doesn't take tuple

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:07:55 CDT 2006

David Grant wrote:
> I was a bit surprised today to find that numpy.random.rand doesn't
> take in a tuple as input for the dimensions of the desired array. I am
> very used to using a tuple for zeros, ones. Also, wouldn't this mean
> that it would not be possible to add other non-keyword arguments to
> rand later?

Don't use rand(), then. Use random(). rand()'s sole purpose in life is to *not*
take a tuple. If you like, you can read the archives on the several (long)
discussions on this and why things are the way they are now. We finally achieved
something resembling consensus, so please let's not resurrect this argument.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco