[Numpy-discussion] numpy-1.0b3 under windows

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Aug 24 14:18:01 CDT 2006

Albert Strasheim wrote:

>Dialog pops up:
>
>---------------------------
>python.exe - Application Error
>---------------------------
>The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000029) occurred in the
>application at location 0x7c86d474.
>

>Click on OK to terminate the program
>Click on CANCEL to debug the program
>---------------------------
>OK   Cancel
>---------------------------
>
>In the Python console it prints:
>
>-2147483648
>
>If you can give me some idea of what should be happening, I can take a look
>at fixing it.

When does the crash happen?  Does it happen when you press Ctrl-C?

What's supposed to be happening is that we are registering a handler for
Ctrl-C that longjmps back to just after the code between NPY_SIGINT_ON
and NPY_SIGINT_OFF.

I'm not sure how to actually accomplish something like that under
windows as I've heard mention that longjmp should not be used with
signals under win32.

The easy "fix" is to just define NPY_NO_SIGNAL in setup.py when on a
platform that doesn't support using signals and longjmp (like apparently
win32).

If you could figure out what to do instead on windows that would be
preferrable.

-Travis