[Numpy-discussion] memory corruption bug

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Mon Aug 28 03:31:47 CDT 2006

Charles R Harris schrieb:
> +1. I too suspect that what you have here is a reference/copy problem.
> The only thing that is local to the class is the reference (pointer),
> the data is global.
>
> Chuck

Ok, so you guys were right, turns out that my problem was caused by the
fact that a local assignment like x = y is also by reference only, which
I wasn't really aware of. (Of course, it's explained in Travis' book...)
So that behavior is different from standard python assignments, isn't it?

Sorry for the noise.

-Sven