[Numpy-discussion] Py2exe / numpy troubles

kortmann at ideaworks.com kortmann at ideaworks.com
Tue Aug 29 17:16:41 CDT 2006

My Configuration :
  Windows XP pro,
  ActivePython 2.4.2.10,
  Scipy 0.4.9, Numpy 0.9.8,
  MatplotLib 0.87.1,
  Py2exe 0.6.5,
  WxPython 2.6
---- 1) Be very careful on how you generate the file
"...\dist\library.zip".I don't know why, but the zip file generated by
hand doesn't work. Check its size! Specific zip format? Specific options
to generate it? I didn't check source files to know how library.zip is
generated.My method is the following one:    - Extract the
...\test\dist\library.zip file in ...\test\dist\library    - Add the file
...\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\core\_internal.pyc in
...\test\dist\library\numpy\core.    - Use Winzip to Add the
...\test\dist\library\numpy directory to the ...\dist\library.zip file
I know, it is not really beautiful but it seems to work. It is a temporary
solution for debug. I am new in Python so my style is not really
"academic"

---- 2) If you use my setup.py file, one more time, be careful cause of
the wx specific dll: wxmsw26uh_vc.dllI don't know why, but Py2Exe doesn't
find it. I remove that dll from the compilation phase and I copy it by
hand in ...\test\dist directory.An idea may be the modification of
setup.py file to indicate the path of that dll or something like that.DOES
ANYONE
HAVE THE SOLUTION?

---- 3)I am still blocked on my second issue
> >2) Second problem: I don't know how to resolve that issue:
> >
> >Traceback (most recent call last):> >  File "profiler_ftt.py", line 15,
in ?
> >    from matplotlib.backends.backend_wx import Toolbar, FigureCanvasWx,\
> >  File "matplotlib\backends\backend_wx.pyc", line 152, in ?
> >  File "matplotlib\backend_bases.pyc", line 10, in ?
> >  File "matplotlib\colors.pyc", line 33, in ?
> >  File "matplotlib\numerix\__init__.pyc", line 67, in ?
> >  File "numpy\__init__.pyc", line 35, in ?
> >  File "numpy\_import_tools.pyc", line 173, in __call__
> >  File "numpy\_import_tools.pyc", line 68, in _init_info_modules
> >  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> >  File "numpy\random\__init__.pyc", line 3, in ?
> >  File "numpy\random\mtrand.pyc", line 12, in ?
> >  File "numpy\random\mtrand.pyc", line 10, in __load
> >  File "numpy.pxi", line 32, in mtrand
> >  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'dtype'
> >
> >I don't find the file numpy.pxi in my file tree nor in
   \test\dist\library.zip.
> >I browsed the web in the hope to find a solution but nothing.
> >It seems that this issue is well known but no solution provided in
   mailing lists.

> >What is that file  "numpix.pxi"? Where to find it or how is it
   generated?
> >How to resolve that execution issue? Regards,Tristan

could you post your setup file please? i can look at it i may not be much
help but some is better than none