[Numpy-discussion] nan functions convert matrix to array

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 11:07:18 CST 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 17:56, Keith Goodman wrote:
> Would it break anything to change the first line of the nan functions from
> a = array(a)
> a = asanyarray(a)
> ?

Seeing what the  nan functions do, I don't think that would be a problem. An
expception would be raised if the operation could not be performed anyway
(like a N.sum on a record array). But I'm no judge, so I'll let the powers in
place decide of that.
In the same order of idea, I'm bumping a post of mine: would it be possible to
get 'asnayarray' in 'apply_along_axis', 'apply_over_axes', 'vectorize' ?