[Numpy-discussion] Numpy and Python 2.2 on RHEL3

David Bogen david.bogen at icecube.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:23:10 CST 2006

Bill Spotz wrote:

> you might try
>
>      from __future__ import generators

Some research did turn up that alternative, but then I started getting
this error:

$ /usr/bin/python2.2 setup.py build
Running from numpy source directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 90, in ?
    setup_package()
  File "setup.py", line 60, in setup_package
    from numpy.distutils.core import setup
  File "numpy/distutils/__init__.py", line 5, in ?
    import ccompiler
  File "numpy/distutils/ccompiler.py", line 12, in ?
    from exec_command import exec_command
  File "numpy/distutils/exec_command.py", line 56, in ?
    from numpy.distutils.misc_util import is_sequence
  File "numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line 12, in ?
    from sets import Set as set
ImportError: No module named sets

Given the number of walls I was hitting, it just seemed that I was
traveling down the wrong path.

David

--
David Bogen   :: (608) 263-0168