[Numpy-discussion] Numeric memory leak when building Numeric.array from numarray.array

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Dec 7 09:50:21 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm facing a memory leak on an application that has to use numarray and
Numeric (because of external dependencies).

The problem occurs when building a Numeric array from a numarray array:

import Numeric
import numarray
import sys
atest = numarray.arange(200)
temp =  Numeric.array(atest)
print sys.getrefcount(atest) # prints 3
print sys.getrefcount(temp)  # prints 2

I'm running numarray 1.5.2 and Numeric 24.2

I can work around this by using an intermediate string representation:

temp = Numeric.fromstring(atest.tostring(), atest.typecode())
temp.shape = atest.shape

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/