[Numpy-discussion] pickling arrays: numpy 1.0 can't unpickle numpy 1.0.1

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Dec 8 02:40:13 CST 2006

Emanuele Olivetti wrote:
> I'm running numpy 1.0 and 1.0.1 on several hosts and
> today I've found that pickling arrays in 1.0.1 generates
> problems to 1.0. An example:

I correct my previous statement.  Yes, this is true.  Pickles generated
with 1.0.1 cannot be read by version 1.0

However, pickles generated with 1.0 can be read by 1.0.1.   It is
typically not the case that pickles created with newer versions of the
code will work with older versions.   I obviously didn't think that was
something to be concerned about because it slipped my mind.

Changeset 3411 is the reason where the hasobject member of the data-type
object was given more bits (and therefore needed to be saved).

Sorry for the trouble,

-Travis