[Numpy-discussion] slow numpy.clip ?

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Tue Dec 19 01:13:38 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:10:29PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> I would really like to see the imshow/show calls goes in the range of a
> few hundred ms; for interactive plotting, this really change a lot in my
> opinion.

I think this is strongly dependant on some parameters. I did some
interactive plotting on both a pentium 2, linux, WxAgg (thus Gtk behind
Wx), and a pentium 4, windows, WxAgg (thus MFC behin Wx), and there was a
huge difference between the speeds. The speed difference was a few orders
of magnitudes. I couldn't explain it but it was a good surprise, as the
application was developped for the windows box.

Gaël