[Numpy-discussion] Profiling numpy ? (parts written in C)

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 20 09:40:49 CST 2006

    David> Of this 300 ms spent in Colormap functor, 200 ms are taken
    David> by the take function: this is the function which I think
    David> can be speed up considerably.

Sorry I had missed this in the previous conversations.  It is
impressive that take is taking such a big chunk the __call__ time,
because there is a lot of other stuff going on in that function!

You might want to run this against numarray for comparison -- in a few
instances Travis has been able find some big wins by borrowing from
numarray.

JDH