[Numpy-discussion] Newbie Question, Probability

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Dec 20 20:35:44 CST 2006

On Dec 20, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
>> We have a full complement of PDFs, CDFs, etc. in scipy.
>
> This is my "most missed" functionality in NumPy.
> (For now I feel cannot ask students to install SciPy.)

If they're already installing numpy, isn't 98% of the work already
done at that point?

I'm pretty sure you can install scipy w/o the fortran dependency if
you're not concerned about speed and what not, right? It should be a
pretty easy install.

Besides ... what else do they have to do during the first week-and-a-
half of the semester anyway, right? ;-)

-steve