[Numpy-discussion] newbie: attempt at data frame
eike.welk at gmx.net
Thu Dec 28 12:54:55 CST 2006
If your main concern is to store scientific data on disk you might
However, it uses numarray internally and a C library, which you have
to build from source. (You use a Mac right?)
Concerning your code:
- Your two file solution seems impractical to me. I think you should
just pickle your whole dbase object.
- Maybe you should write 'load' and 'store' methods that create the
temporary file, Pickler and Unpickler objects.
-The __init__ method should then construct the object from a list of
variable names and an array.
-Offcourse you need a set method.
- A special variable name 'time'. Then you can implement a
getAtTime( varNameList, timePoint) method with interpolation.
- A 'plot' method that works like matplotlib's plot function.
- An extract(varNameList) method, that returns a new dbase object with
only the selected variables.
- A companion class that can hold several time series at once to
compare different experiments.
Finally, post the code to the mailing list. At least I would like to
use such a class :-).
More information about the Numpy-discussion