[Numpy-discussion] newbie: attempt at data frame

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Fri Dec 29 19:22:24 CST 2006

On Friday 29 December 2006 00:39, Vincent Nijs wrote:
> Eike:
> I think I can figure out how to add a plot method. However, if you
> have some more suggestions on how to implement the getAtTime,
> extract, and set methods you mentioned that would be great.
Set method:
I thought of a method to change the the data. Something like:
myDb.set(varNameList, dataArray)

Extract method:
A way to get an other dbase object with a subset of variables.
Tomorrow I'll propose an implementation. Because your __init__ method
wants a file name it needs to be changed too.

GetAtTime:
Maybe your data are samples from some continuous process or function.
Then you might want to have values from between the stored
timepoints. You could compute them trough interpolation.
The following class from scipy will do the job:
http://www.scipy.org/doc/api_docs/scipy.interpolate.interpolate.interp1d.html

Yours Eike.