[Numpy-discussion] creating column vectors

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 16:05:29 CST 2006

On 2/9/06, Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> numpy is not a Matlab clone, nor should it be. That's exactly why I use
> it! Take a little time to get used to it, and you'll become very glad
> that numpy works the way it does, rather than like Matlab.

If you can spare the time, I'd love to hear you elaborate on that.  What are
some specifics that make you say 'thank goodness for numpy!'?  If you have
some good ones, I'd like to put them up on
http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Addicts (of course you're more than
welcome to cut out the middle man and just post them directly on the wiki
there yourself...)

--Bill Baxter