[Numpy-discussion] creating column vectors

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 16:29:06 CST 2006

Bill Baxter schrieb:

> If you can spare the time, I'd love to hear you elaborate on that.  What
> are some specifics that make you say 'thank goodness for numpy!'?  If
> you have some good ones, I'd like to put them up on
> http://www.scipy.org/NumPy_for_Matlab_Addicts (of course you're more
> than welcome to cut out the middle man and just post them directly on
> the wiki there yourself...)
>
> --Bill Baxter

Just one addition/correction for your page (sorry won't do it myself,
all those different wiki engines/syntaxes...): a * b is only
element-wise if a and b are not numpy-matrices, afaik that's the main
reason why it's so important to know whether you're working with
numpy-arrays or with its subclass numpy-matrix.
-sven