[Numpy-discussion] Matlab page on scipy wiki

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:57:04 CST 2006

Hi,
The example of ndim to give the rank is not the same as the Matlab
function rank(a). See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rank_of_a_matrix for definition of rank
that I would think that most people would use if they use Matlab and
is provided by rank(a).

I have not used the latest numpy but the equivalent function is not
present in numarray/Numeric (to my knowledge) so you have to find some
other way like using svd.

Regards
Bruce