[Numpy-discussion] Re: NumPy Glossary Was:Matlab page on scipy wiki

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 9 21:12:02 CST 2006

Joe Harrington wrote:
>>http://scipy.org/NumPyGlossary
>

> In general, such things should be birthed on the Developer_Zone page.
> This is where the front page directs people to go if they are
> interested in contributing.  We're getting a lot of new interest now,
> so posting hidden pages on the mailing list will miss new talent.
> Items can move to Documentation (or wherever) when they are somewhat
> stable, and continue to grow there.

Why? Did you read the argument I made for putting it on the main wiki? How are
you going to get contributions on the dev wiki once anonymous edits are locked
out (which they will hopefully be very soon, before the wiki is spammed out of
recognition)?

The less friction and committee-ness we impose on this whole thing, the better
of we'll all be.  Let's be _less_ bureaucratic, not more.