[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Python Enthought Edition Version 0.9.2 Released

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Feb 17 08:11:04 CST 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Travis N. Vaught wrote:

> Enthought is pleased to announce the release of Python Enthought Edition
> Version 0.9.2 (http://code.enthought.com/enthon/) -- a python
> distribution for Windows.  This is a kitchen-sink-included Python
> distribution including the following packages/tools out of the box:
>
> Numeric 24.2
> SciPy 0.3.3
> IPython 0.6.15
> Enthought Tool Suite 1.0.2
> wxPython 2.6.1.0
> PIL 1.1.4
> mingw 20030504-1
> f2py 2.45.241_1926
> MayaVi 1.5
> Scientific Python 2.4.5
> VTK 4.4
> and many more...

Brilliant - many thanks for the effort!

I was just about to ask for the plans about numpy/scipy,
but the changelog at
http://code.enthought.com/release/changelog-enthon0.9.2.shtml
shows quite a bit of activity in this direction!

Do you have an estimate about when a numpy/scipy version
of the Enthought Edition might happen?

Many thanks,

Arnd