[Numpy-discussion] Trouble installing Numpy on AIX 5.2.

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Feb 22 08:31:01 CST 2006

mfmorss at aep.com wrote:

>This problem was solved by adding "#include <fenv.h>" to ...numpy-0.9.5
>/numpy/core/src/umathmodule.c.src

I suspect this allowed compilation, but I'm not sure if it "solved the
problem."  It depends on whether or not the FE_OVERFLOW defined in
fenv.h is the same as FP_OVERFLOW on the _AIX (it might be...).  The
better solution is to change the constant to what it should be...

Did the long double *,  double * problem also resolve itself?  This
seems to an error with the modfl function you are picking up since the
AIX docs say that modfl should take and receive long double arguments.

Best,

-Travis