[Numpy-discussion] Is there a known problem compiling numpy with VC7?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Feb 6 20:04:08 CST 2006

Tim Hochberg wrote:

> Just a little update on this:
>
> It appears that all (or almost all) of the checks in generate_config_h
> must be failing. I would guess from a missing library or some such. I
> will investigate some more and see what I find.

That shouldn't be a big problem.  It just means that NumPy will provide
the missing features instead of using the system functions.

More problematic is the strange errors you are getting about void * not
having a size.  The line numbers you show are where we have variable
declarations like

register intp i

Is it possible that integers the size of void * cannot be placed in a
register??

-Travis