[Numpy-discussion] Problems compiling on Cygwin

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Feb 17 03:22:04 CST 2006

Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:

>Hi!
>Yesterday I posted on the scipy mailing list that I could not compile NumPy on
>Cygwin. I would like to provide some more information on what the problems are,
>as I would really like to be able to use it on Cygwin.

Thanks Jose.

It looks like we are not doing the right thing in the platform-specific
section of code here.

But the right thing can potentially be done.

Look here:

ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/python/numpy/

It looks like somebody figured out how to make it work with cygwin (one
option, of course is to just disable the IEEE error-setting modes for
cygwin).

-Travis