[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Thu Jan 12 09:41:04 CST 2006

On 12.01.2006, at 18:13, Sebastian Haase wrote:

> Obviously there are going to be lots of posts regarding "transition
> from
> Numeric/numarray to NumPy" -- are they all supposed to cross post !?
>
> My vote (and that's how I read Konrad's - correct my if I'm wrong)
> is to
> continue using numpy-discussion and NOT have another lists (numpy-
> user) .

I agree. It makes sense to have a separate developer list for those
who work *on* NumPy, but please let's stick to a single list for
users of all Python array packages. Separate lists will encourage a
split in the community, and create lots of crosspostings.

Konrad.
-------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Leon Brillouin (CEA-CNRS), CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
Tel.: +33-1 69 08 79 25
Fax: +33-1 69 08 82 61
E-Mail: khinsen at cea.fr