[Numpy-discussion] arrayobject.h (and friends) install location

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Sun Jan 15 11:25:03 CST 2006

>> Or is this a policy change which puts the headers in the site-
>> packages
>> directory?
>
> This is not an error. Use numpy.get_numpy_include() to retrive the
> directory of numpy header files. See numpy.get_numpy_include.__doc__
> for more information.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, the package I'm working on
can't be built with distutils, so it may wind up being something of a
contortion to call numpy.get_numpy_include() from the build system I
need to use.

Understanding that the optimal, preferred method of finding the
include dir will always be numpy.get_numpy_include(), if I must
resort to a suboptimal method of guessing likely locations, what will
those locations be?

Are they generally within the site-packages directory? Sometimes in
the python include directory? Will they be ever-changing?

I will endeavor to use the more proper methods in my system, but this
information would be useful as a fallback.

Thanks,

Zach