[Numpy-discussion] Maximum available dimensions in numpy

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Mon Jan 16 14:41:12 CST 2006

> Before, I think numpy supported up to 32 dimensions. Is there any reason
> for this new limit? Just curious.

It was actually 40 until recently. I don't know the answer to your
question (Travis?), but I am curious why would anyone need more than
say 4?  Solving PDEs by finite differences method in more than 4
dimensional spaces, anyone? I know I sound like some very well known
person, but really 20 "ought to be enough for everyone" (TM) :-).

-- sasha