[Numpy-discussion] The Low-down on numpy/scipy?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:43:01 CST 2006

Just this past week I thought I'd check out NumPy/SciPy to see if I might be
able to port some of my matlab code over to that, easier than I was finding
porting it to C++.  But I find the current situation somewhat confusing.
Travis' page says that scipy_core is now the word, and numarray/numeric are
dead, but I can't find any links for a scipy_core download anywhere.

Where should someone new to numpy and scipy start, if they are just
beginning to look into it as of today?
Would I be better off just waiting a month or two for things to settle down?

Thanks,
Bill Baxter