[Numpy-discussion] arrayobject.h (and friends) install location

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 09:10:07 CST 2006

My main concern is not with the non-standard default location, but
with the way distutils are tricked into placing headers into that
location.  Currently this is done by mislabeling the header files as
"data files" in setup.py as follows:

    config.add_data_files(join('include','numpy','*.h'))

This looks like a hack that just happens to work on platforms where
headers do not require any special treatement such as end-of-line
conversion or pre-compilation. This is not guaranteed to work on every
python platform now and may certainly break in the future.

-- sasha